Euco Winter Admixture
EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE is a multi-purpose liquid admixture designed to accelerate the normal setting rate of mortar, increase strength development at all ages, and to improve workability. It can be used safely with gray or white portland cement or colored masonry cements without causing discoloration.
- Accelerates set times of mortar
- Aids in protecting mortar in cold weather
- Cuts construction cost - no cold weather job delay
- Increases strengths at all ages
- Improves workability
EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE is used in mortar to lay brick, block, structural clay tile and glass block to eliminate the dangers connected with freezing mortar joints.
- When tested according to ASTM C 494, Type C, EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE complies and gives a freeze-thaw relative durability factor of 102%.
- In compliance with ASTM C 494, Type C requirements, this product will increase one day strength a minimum of 125% over plain and will quicken the setting time a minimum of 1 hour but no more than 3 hours and 30 minutes.
NOTE: This product does not protect plastic mortar from freezing. This product will allow the mortar to gain strength at a faster rate in cold weather. The mortar should achieve a minimum strength of 500 psi (3.4 MPa) before exposure to freezing temperatures.
EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE is packaged in 55 gal (208 L) drums, 5 gal (18.9 L) pails, and 6/1 gal (3.8 L) units per case.