Powdered Masonry Mortar Accelerator
EUCO WINTER MIX POWDER (EWMP) is a multi-purpose, calcium chloride based admixture designed to accelerate the normal setting rate of mortar, increase strength development at all ages and improve workability. EUCO WINTER MIX POWDER is the dry version of the EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE. It produces virtually the same results in mortar as does the EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE liquid formula. Tests of EUCO WINTER ADMIXTURE liquid show that both plastic and hardened mortar properties are improved.
Features & Benefits
- Accelerates setting times of mortar
- Aids in protecting mortar in cold weather
- Cuts construction costs-no cold weather job delays
- Increases strengths at all ages
- Improves workability
- Does not affect bond strength of mortar
- EUCO WINTER MIX POWDER is used in mortar to lay brick, block, structural clay tile and glass block to eliminate the dangers connected with freezing mortar joints.
Specifications / Compliances
- When tested in accordance with ASTM C494, Type C, EUCO WINTER MIX POWDER complies and gives a freeze/thaw relative durability of 102%.
- In compliance with ASTM C494, Type C , this product will increase one day strength a minimum of 125% over plain and will quicken the setting time a minimum of 1 hour but no more than 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- NOTE: This product does not protect plastic mortar from freezing. This product will allow the mortar to gain strength at a faster rate in cold weather. The mortar should achieve a minimum strength of 500 psi (3.4 MPa) before exposure to freezing temperatures.
EUCO WINTER MIX POWDER is packaged in cases of 1.25 lb (0.6 kg) bags (20 bags per case).