Non-Chloride Accelerator for Mortar
ACCELGUARD 80 is an accelerating, water-reducing admixture for mortar that does not contain calcium chloride or added chloride ions. It improves certain properties of plastic and hardened mortar, provides benefits such as significant improvement in early stiffening and setting characteristics. ACCELGUARD 80 can be used in mortar which will be in contact with steel since it is completely free of materials that cause corrosion.
Features & Benefits
- Accelerates mortar set time in cold weather
- Aids in protecting masonry mortar in cold weather
- Reduces job delays during cold weather
- Increases strengths at all ages
- Improves workability
- Completely non-corrosive with steel embedments
- Cold weather masonry work
- Brick laying
- Block and structural clay tile
Specifications / Compliances
- ACCELGUARD 80 is formulated to comply with ASTM C494, Type E, and consequently it may be used in cement mortars to improve their properties.
- In compliance with ASTM C494, Type E requirements, this product offers a minimum of 5% water reduction which will increase one day strength a minimum of 125% over plain and will quicken the setting time a minimum of 1 hour but no more than 3 hours and 30 minutes.
ACCELGUARD 80 is packaged in 55 gal (208 L) drums, 5 gal (18.9 L) pails and in cases of 1 gal (3.8 L) jugs (6 jugs per case).