Cement Stabilizing, Water Reducing and Set Retarder
EUCON W.O. is a dual purpose liquid chemical admixture specially formulated to retard concrete for extended periods of time and can be used to stabilize the wash-out water in the drum of a ready-mix truck and/or a central batch mixer at the concrete plant.
EUCON W.O will virtually stop the hydration of cement during hot weather or extended pumping operations.
EUCON W.O. can be used as a water reducing set retarding admixture to minimize slump loss. When used in combination with other water reducing or water reducing set retardation admixtures can control slumps of 8 to 10" and retain these slumps for 2 hours or more.
EUCON W.O. eliminates the need to discharge waste wash-out water into settling pits that may be creating potential environmental problems. EUCON W.O. prevents normal hydration of the portland cement for up to 96 hours depending upon the dosage rate used. EUCON W.O. is designed to reduce the amount of water needed during the wash-out process of a ready mix truck's drum. The material stabilizes or retards the remaining cement to allow for future use of the wash-out water. EUCON W. O. reduces the amount of water, and also protects the environment . It eliminates the need for wash-out pits. EUCON W.O. does not contain any added chloride ions and is non-corrosive.
Features & Benefits
- Eliminates the need to use 200 to 300 gal (757 to 1136 liter) of water to wash-out versus 50 gal (189 lL) with EUCON W.O.
- Environmental hazards are reduced because wash-out water is used as batch water for the next load of concrete rather than discharging into settling ponds
- Wash-out time is decreased due to the rapid cleansing action of the proprietary ingredients in EUCON W.O.
- Saves wash-out water
- Protects the environment
- Eliminates wash-out pits
- Superior set retardation
- Reduces clean-up time
- Reduces water requirements
- Retains slump life for 2 hours or more
- Stabilize wash out water
- Concrete requiring water reducing and set retardation
- Concrete requiring extended slump life
Specifications / Compliances
- Meets ASTM C 494 Type D Admixture
EUCON W.O. is packaged in bulk, 275 gal (1041 L) totes, 55 gal (208 L) and 5 gal (18.9 L) pail.