HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE is a complex dry powder additive formulated to prevent moisture intrusion in masonry structures, and is an essential component of the HYDRAPEL Water Repellent Admixture System. HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE significantly reduces water absorption and efflorescence potential, and will help preserve color and overall mortar integrity as a result. HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE provides added bond strength without affecting plastic properties or normal construction rates.
Features & Benefits
- Superior water repellency
- Excellent bond strength
- Reduced efflorescence potential
- Complies with ASTM C1384 for Water Repellent and Bond Enhancing Mortar Admixtures
- Masonry Mortar
- Masonry Grout Fill
Specifications / Compliances
- HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE has been tested with EUCON HYDRAPEL and EUCON BLOCKTITE treated CMUs in accordance with ASTM E 514 (Standard Test Method for Water Penetration and Leakage Through Masonry), and achieved E-Rated (Excellent) performance.
- HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE complies with ASTM C 1384 (Standard Specification of Admixtures for Masonry Mortar) as both water repellent and bond enhancing.
- The HYDRAPEL SYSTEM has been tested per California Code of Regulations state chapter 2405(c) 3.C. for grout bond shear strength and showed increased CMU/grout bond strength when compared to untreated reference test specimens.
- Design and construction details must observe applicable design codes and include the recommendations of NCMA TEK 10-1A: Crack Control in Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-1: Water Repellents for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-2A: Design for Dry Single-Wythe Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-4A: Flashing Strategies for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-5A: Flashing Details for Concrete Masonry Walls.
- Specified water-repellent projects must include HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE in the associated masonry mortar per data sheet and label instructions. Failure to do so will compromise the performance of HYDRAPEL SYSTEM and is in violation of it’s guide specification. The use of this product will not compensate for flaws in building design, inadequate production procedures, or improper construction practices.
- Only concave or “V” tooled joints should be allowed for water repellent masonry construction incorporating the HYDRAPEL SYSTEM. These recommendations are supported by both the National Concrete Masonry Association and the Brick Institute of America. Remove excess mortar promptly and clean residue using procedures outlined in NCMA TEK 8-2: Removal of Stains from Concrete Masonry
HYDRAPEL MORTAR ADMIXTURE is available in cartons of 12 zip-tear pouches weighing 2lb (0.9kg), and in 25lb (11.4kg) bags for dry blending applications.
No calculator could be found for that product