BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE
BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE is formulated to prevent moisture intrusion in masonry structures, and is a component of the BLOCKTITE Water Repellent Admixture System. BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE significantly reduces water absorption and efflorescence potential, and will help preserve color and overall mortar integrity as a result.
- Water repellency
- Improved durability
- Reduced secondary efflorescence
- Inhibited growth of mold and mildew
- Improved color integrity
- BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE has been tested with EUCON BLOCKTITE and EUCON HYDRAPEL-treated CMUs in accordance with ASTM E 514 (Standard Test Method for Water Penetration and Leakage Through Masonry), and achieved E-Rated (Excellent) performance.
- BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE complies with ASTM C 1384 (Standard Specification for Admixtures for Masonry Mortar)
- Design and construction details must observe applicable design codes and include the recommendations of NCMA TEK 10-1A: Crack Control in Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-1: Water Repellents for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-2A: Design for Dry Single-Wythe Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-4A: Flashing Strategies for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-5A: Flashing Details for Concrete Masonry Walls
- Specified water-repellent projects must include BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE in the asssociated masonry mortar per data sheet and label instructions. Failure to do so will compromise the performance of the BLOCKTITE SYSTEM and is in violation of the guide specification. The use of these products will not compensate for flaws in building design, inadequate production procedures, or improper construction practices.
- Only concave or “V” tooled joints should be allowed for water repellent masonry construction incorporating the BLOCKTITE SYSTEM. These recommendations are supported by both the National Concrete Masonry Association and the Brick Institute of America. Remove excess mortar promptly and clean residue using procedures outlined in NCMA TEK 8-2: Removal of Stains from Concrete Masonry
BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE is available in cases of 12-32 oz (0.9 L]) bottles.