EUCON BLOCKTITE is a ready-to-use liquid admixture formulated to resist moisture penetration and migration in concrete masonry products. This unique polymer formula is added directly to the concrete mixture which forms a protective barrier throughout the masonry unit. EUCON BLOCKTITE also inhibits the transport of soluble salts that cause secondary efflorescence. EUCON BLOCKTITE contains no added chlorides and will not promote corrosion in steel.
- Provides long lasting, maintenance free moisture protection
- Reduces the migration of salts that can cause efflorescence
- Can be used above or below grade, exterior or back-up walls
- Concrete block and brick
- Segmental retaining wall (SRW) units
- Concrete Pavers
- Roof tile
- Design and construction details must observe applicable design codes and include the recommendations of NCMA TEK 10-1A: Crack Control in Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-1: Water Repellents for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-2A: Design for Dry Single-Wythe Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-4A: Flashing Strategies for Concrete Masonry Walls; TEK 19-5A: Flashing Details for Concrete Masonry Walls
- Specified water-repellent projects must include BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE in the asssociated masonry mortar per data sheet and label instructions. Failure to do so will compromise the performance of the BLOCKTITE SYSTEM and is in violation of its guide specification. The use of EUCON BLOCKTITE/BLOCKTITE MORTAR ADMIXTURE will not compensate for flaws in building design, inadequate production procedures, or improper construction practices.
- Only concave or “V” tooled joints should be allowed for water repellent masonry construction incorporating the EUCON BLOCKTITE SYSTEM. These recommendations are supported by both the National Concrete Masonry Association and the Brick Institute of America. Remove excess mortar promptly and clean residue using procedures outlined in NCMA TEK 8-2: Removal of Stains from Concrete Masonry
EUCON BLOCKTITE is packaged in bulk, 275 gal (1041 L) totes, 55 gal (208 L) drums and 5 gal (18.9 L) pails.